Bolków (German: Bolkenhain) is
a south-western town in
Lower Silesian Voivodeship.
First mentioned as Hain in a 1276 deed, Bolków was named after
Duke Bolko II of Swidnica,
who died in 1368. His duchy was incorporated into the Lands of the Bohemian Crown of the Holy Roman Empire.
Since 1945 the town belongs to Poland again.
Above the town stand the ruins of Bolków Castle, built in the 13th century. Devastated in the
Thirty Years' War it became a property of Grüssau Abbey in 1703, though restoration efforts did not begin
until 1905. Since 1994 the ruin is the site of the annual
"Castle Party" Gothic rock festival.